Where can I find Webchat/Iris?
Or, access securely with: https://webchat.esper.net/
How can I change Webchat/Iris options?
In the Iris interface, click "Menu" in the upper left corner, then select "Options". These options will be stored as a cookie, so you will not have to re-enter them each time.
Does Webchat offer SSL?
Yes. You can access Webchat securely through https://webchat.esper.net/. The SSL certificate is signed by the StartCom Certification Authority.
Can I embed Webchat/Iris in my website?
Yes. To access the embedding wizard, navigate to Webchat, then click "Menu" (in the upper left corner) and select "Add webchat to your site". Follow the wizard's prompts and it will generate iframe code for use on your website. (Note: you may want to change the widget size as it is rather small by default.)
Why should I use Webchat instead of Mibbit or another web client?
There are several reasons:
- Webchat has no ads or non-Esper branding.
- Webchat loads faster in many cases, and runs faster in browser.
- Webchat allows you to customize the widget's colors to match the color scheme of your site.
- Webchat provides an interface closer to that of a desktop IRC client.
- Webchat's minimal interface makes it easier for users to understand what they are doing.
- Webchat is free and doesn't reserve any features for "premium" subscribers.
Are there any popular features that Webchat lacks?
There are a couple:
- Color input/selection - Webchat does not feature a way to input colors (it will still display incoming colors correctly).
- Autoconnect - Webchat does not offer autoconnect as this feature could be exploited by nefarious users.